MLS Legal has extensive expertise in copyright and entertainment law. The firm serves clients in the fields of television, cinema, music, live entertainment, book publishing, and information technology.
Our lawyers also assist clients in other industries who have periodic needs that require our expertise.
Our services include :
- Agreements for book publishing, assignment, license, broadcasting, and copyright distribution
- Service agreements, participation agreements, licenses, and other contracts related television and film production
- Interpretation of applicable collective agreements
- Legal advice regarding copyright, use of titles, defamation, right of publicity, and use of third-party material
- Evaluation of chains of title
- Legal advice and assistance in obtaining errors and omissions (E&O) insurance
- Due diligence review for sales and acquisitions of businesses in the cultural sector
- Conflict resolution and assistance with alternative modes of dispute resolution
- Due diligence review for E&O insurers